I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by the stunning, wonderful and amazingly talented Send Sunshine. After very little research on my own, I learned that this award is passed to new, and experienced, bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter of the award and ask your nominees 11 questions
I will try not to be long-winded. I talk about myself more than I should, already, in this blog so I definitely will try not to bore you with information that you already have about me. 🙂
MY 11 RANDOM FACTS: (I’ll let you decide which ones are interesting or relevant, lol)
1. I am harder on myself than I am on anyone else in my life. I tend to offer advice that I should take myself, but instead give out to others, hoping their lives will be better because of it.
2. I am similar to man’s best friend in the fact that I am extremely loyal.
3. I got married when I was 18-years old.
4. I am a Taurus and my personality somewhat matches my zodiac sign. (I’ve taken a number of “personality” and “zodiac sign” quizzes to prove this!)
5. I love the structure of military lifestyle and spent a large amount of my childhood living in different states due to my father being in the Navy and the Army.
6. I have always wanted to be a writer and started out by writing poetry, songs and scripts when I was a little girl.
7. I have never smoked in my life and have never wanted to. (I actually hate the smell of it.)
8. Even after going through domestic violence and a messy divorce, I haven’t given up on love and desire to be married again – but this time I hope that it would be forever.
9. I got a tattoo, on a dare, when I was 28-years old. (I never thought I would get a tattoo but I must say it has “grown” on me, lol.)
10. I would give (and literally have given) the shirt off my back to anyone in need without expecting anything in return.
11. If you were to spend a day with me, you would not know that I am as shy as I claim to be because I speak to any and everyone.
MY 11 ANSWERS
- Do you floss, regularly?
Is this a trick question from my dentist? Okay, you got me. I don’t floss regularly but I do floss everyday and still have some nice chompers, if I must say so myself. 🙂
- I love to pay it forward … Do You? Have You? Will You?
I definitely love to pay-it-forward and I have and will continue to do everything in my power to bless someone and give of myself to others.
- What is the one thing you refuse in your lifetime not to do?
I refuse to NOT live my dream and write at least one book. That is what I feel that I was put on this Earth to do and will do whatever I must to ensure this comes to past.
- What is your biggest fear?
I try not to fear anything in life however, if I must say something here, I guess I would say that I fear not living my dreams and not making the impact that I desire to make on this world.
- Do you talk to strangers?
I do! I don’t practice “Stranger Danger”… (sorry Grandma!) How can you ever make a new friend if you don’t talk to others?
- What is your favorite music genre?
I love Country music…A black chick that loves Country…watch out now! I love a variety of music but Country probably would be my favorite.
- Will you smile even when you don’t feel like it?
I will, have and still do smile even when I don’t feel like it. You never know who’s having a bad day so I try to always have smile because it could always be worse.
- How will you make an impact in life?
I have a passion for change and for seeing people free from things that may have once hindered them. I have so many things that I want to do and ways that I want to speak into people’s lives, that it would probably take a lifetime to do them all (or at least would take some extra hands and minds to get things done).
- What is the worst thing you have done that really wasn’t that bad?
I ate a few of my son’s McDonald’s french fries on my way home so I filled it back up with some of my fries. He never noticed and they were sooooo good. Just saying….
- Have you every cried in the movie theatre?
Yes, I am a big ol’ cry baby especially when I watch movies that are based on true stories. I have never done the boisterous, ugly cry in the theatre but I have done the cute, silent, real tears falling cry.
- Do you sing out loud where everyone can hear you?
Yes, I love to sing. The places where I sing the loudest though would have to be my shower, church, and in the car.
NOW, FOR THE JUICY PART: My 11 questions to the 11 blogger chosen by moi…
- How did you decide on the name for your blog?
- Who/what was the inspiration behind your blog?
- I love to pay it forward … Do You? Have You? Will You?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If there were a movie made about your life, who would play as you?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
- What type of blogs do you enjoy reading?
- What advice would you give a new blogger, just starting their blogging journey?
- What is your favorite tv show/movie/book and why?
- Where would you go, if you could go anywhere in the world?
- If money was never again an issue, would you quit your day job? And what would you do in place of that time that you usually would spend at work?
AND THE NOMINEES ARE….
- Play With Life
- Books And Opinions
- Restored Ministries
- African Remy
- The Crafty Lady in Combat Boots
- From My Plan to His
- Simply Sweet Stuff
- Jet Set Brunette
- Listen to the Babe